Sunday, February 1, 2009
Getting bigger...
It struck me today when I got an email from a newly pregnant friend. My babies are getting bigger. You can have a conversation with all three of them now. Most of the time when they are not killing each other over something trivial I take a breath to appreciate how much easier it is now. Now we carry a little backpack ( even when Katie was a baby) but with Abby I actually had this diaper bag that was like a little suitcase. I kept tylenol, wipes , tons of outfits, you name it. I carted that thing everywhere! With Jenna I had a little bag....now with Katie I'm lucky to remember to take diapers with me. When Abby was a baby I fretted over her falling and crying. I always ran right to her. Now I ask if anyone is bleeding. When Jenna was a baby I worried about her climbing on the play equipment and we bought a scaled down swingset so she wouldn't kill herself following Abby. Now I trust Katie to go down the big slide alone. Some of this sounds funny typing it. Like maybe all the sudden I'm a slacker and don't take care of my kids. It's not that. I still worry. I guess I just realized that it all goes by so fast and one day they won't need me to carry their diapers and watch out for them on the swingset and I want to enjoy it more and worry about the little things less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment